Patriot Bank will award over $10,000 in scholarships to chosen nominees.
Read more about the students chosen for this distinction.
The Western Connecticut Military Officers Association (WCMOA) and Patriot Bank N.A. have announced the nominees for the Young American Awards.
The award is given to local high school students who demonstrate leadership, academic success, community service, and an underlying love of our country.
The Young American Awards are the centerpiece of multiple scholarships presented by WCMOA at a banquet on June 9, 2019. WCMOA and Patriot Bank will award over $10,000 in scholarships to chosen nominees.
Western Connecticut Military Officers Association is a non-profit organization founded in November 1958, currently celebrating its 60th year. Its goals are to stimulate love of country and supporting and defending the US Constitution. Its membership consists of women and men who served as officers in all branches of the Armed Services in both peace time and war. The WCMOA Young American Awards program is in its 44th year of supporting the education of young Fairfield county patriots.
Here is the full list of nominees:
- Aidan Cooke – Bethel High School
- Samahar Mehrtab – Bridgeport Bassick
- Jennefer Torres – Bridgeport Central
- Anna Harris – Bridgeport Harding
- Mayrine Lebron – Bridgeport Military Academy
- Tabitha Halupa – Brien McMahon
- Michael Quinn – Brookfield
- Jessica Pereira – Danbury
- Connor Fay – Darien
- Louis Guzzi – Fairfield Prep
- Molly McLaughlin – Fairfield Ludlowe
- Michael Murphy – Fairfield Warde
- Willem Schuddeboom – Greens Farms Academy
- James Heavey – Greenwich
- Colby Bellone – Immaculate Danbury
- Christine Tong – Joel Barlow
- Taggart Weiss – Masuk
- Chase Crum – New Canaan
- Rachel Dee – New Fairfield
- Annika Brady – Newtown
- Jessica Alvarenga – Norwalk
- James St. Pierre – Ridgefield
- Clayton O’Brien – Shelton
- Isabella Sorial – Stamford
- John Nealon – Staples
- Brooks Matthews – Stratford
- Katharine Riffice – St Joseph Trumbull
- Chona Cubarrubia – Trinity
- Ryan Cranston – Trumbull
- Maria LoDolce – Westhill
- Tyler Previte – Wilton
Patriot Bank is a full-service financial institution with branches in the Connecticut counties of Fairfield and New Haven, as well as in Scarsdale, New York.