Business Development Officer
Location: Various Locations
Department: Patriot Small Business Lending (PSBL)
Patriot Bank, N.A. is seeking an experienced SBA Business Development Officer (BDO). This position is in the Patriot Small Business Lending (PSBL) department and reports to the Director of SBA Lending in our Corporate Headquarters in Stamford, CT. The incumbent will be responsible for originating new SBA 7(a) loans to sell in the SBA secondary market. These loans will be sourced by the BDO by developing relationships with loan brokers and other referral sources. The BDO will be responsible for assessing SBA eligibility, recommending loan structure and gathering all required documentation from the borrower.
This is an exciting opportunity with a high growth-oriented SBA business. Patriot offers a market based salary along with an aggressive commission program and a full benefits package (medical, 401K, etc.).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact Kevin Ferryman, Director of SBA Lending for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily as follows:
- Must have strong understanding of SBA SOP
- Must be able to show proven sales ability
- Must have a thorough understanding of commercial lending
- Relationship development, including relationships with referral sources
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are critical
- Complete sense of integrity
- Must be a self-starter and ability to work independently
- Must partner with internal groups to ensure that loans are effectively & efficiently processed
Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field. Minimum of 3 years of experience in an SBA role. Must have at least 5 years of experience in financial services.