SBA Underwriter/Loan Officer
Location: Stamford, CT
Department: Patriot Small Business Lending (PSBL)
Responsible for preparing a complete credit analysis of prospective SMBs that have applied to Patriot for a business loan. The analysis will need to satisfy all conditions of Patriot credit policy and SBA SOP, while applying prudent lending standards. Based on their analysis, the LO will recommend a credit decision. Recommendations for approval will be presented to credit committee.
In addition, the LO will complete an updated credit analysis of existing borrowers for all required annual reviews. Annual reviews will identify any changes from the origination or prior review that are areas of potential concern.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Prepare credit analysis for new SBA 7(a) loans
- Prepare annual reviews for existing SBA borrowers
- Partner with other internal groups to effectively and efficiently process loans
- Provide an exceptional customer experience
- Represent Patriot Bank professionally
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong understanding of SBA SOP*
- Proven knowledge and application of commercial credit*
- Detail oriented
- Understanding of commercial lending*
- Verbal and written communication skills*
- Bachelor’s degree in a business field (finance, accounting, etc.)
- 3 years or more in an SBA credit role
- 3 years or more in the commercial banking credit role